Friday 30 August 2013

The University Diaries

The University happened to me twice in 26 Years. Not that its something worth writing in the record books but it has definitely changed the way i dressed in both stints at the University. The Undergraduate days were more about sagging jeans and weird T shirts ,Over sized shirts to unceremonious hoodies and i have had my share of all this.The second innings at the University for me is all about elegant and sharp clothing and the fact that  being a business student at a prestigious University,just adds that extra flair.I love wearing Jackets and Blazers with or without the Tie to the Business School.I love colors so that they exhibit the fact that i am a student and not an executive in making (may be i am ).





There is something about the Double breasted (DB)Jacket and i love the fact how they can be dressed up or dressed down.Now here, i am wearing a DB Jacket to my class in the University, but trust me i have worn the same Jacket to a formal do as well (off course with much co-ordinated trousers).The trick is to keep your buttons done and you will see a slimmer ,more snugger frame of yourself and plus it also hides your belly due to that non stop beer chugging sessions you have been enjoying lately .






The Mint Trousers is just perfect for adding the hint of color and making you look like a student who mean business in and out of the class as well. Keep it slim ,roll up the cuffs like i did and go sockless with your oxfords or loafers and you might just be the coolest student in the Varsity. 




Do i need to even talk about the virtues of a DB Jacket with a silken Pocket Square? I hope not because you just don't want to be one of the ''Another Drones'' in the Class by not doing the Pocket Square.








The DB is versatile but sometimes you want to do things for that ''Eureka'' moment or if not, something new,something very simple yet very snazzy.I like putting my stamp of individuality to staple pieces in my Wardrobe.One of the example is my Mohair cardigan ,which trust me has gone upon a  t-shirt to a sleeping gown to a Polo and still survives.I took cue from our American cousins at Princeton and Yale who wear a lot of Cardigan to the class with a Tie.This is a runaway classic,something which is simple and everyday style staple.





Watch out for that Tie,which adds some finishing touch to your whole attire ''thingy''.The tie is not ''Take me to the meeting'' stuff but slim and the classic stripped version which will make you look at your best. 



DB Jacket -MR Button
Trousers-MR Button
Cardigan -Zara
Shoes-Zara
Bag-Zara
Shirt-Jack and Jones


The Cardigan is so cool and an all rounder,you can wear it in so many ways.But a Word of Caution: Mix it with colors and wear it with a panache or you may end up looking like a hipster granddad.


This is my take on my University dress code and i do like playing around T shirt on a DB Jacket or a T shirt on the cardigan. You have to try it ,to know how it works on you.


Let me know how you feel about my style and chip in something in the comments below:





And here is the track of the day,pulled out from the old archives.   




Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment